Fractal Meadows of Reality is a new blog, started last month. It's already excellent. Their second post, on the demiplane of the Glass Fields, has a few references to Blood-Knots - strange assemblages of blood and glass, that whisper secrets - and the hermits who live around them.
Immediately, those words leapt off the screen and beat me over the head, crying "make a GLOG class".
Hermit of the Blood-Knots
- Lose 1 HP worth of blood to give someone else 1 HP.
- You can step through your shadow. Normally, this lets you move an extra 5 feet. Being tricky with bright light and long drops will let you extend this.
- After you drink something, it suffuses your blood. You may take 1d4 damage to create another dose of the substance.
1. Sent to Seek
R: 100' T: N/A D: [dice] Rounds
You can peel off one of your shadows and send it hunting for a specific object. It uses your Wisdom score + [dice] for search rolls, if those are required.
2. Draining Needle
R: 30' T: [dice] creatures D: [dice] rounds
You conjure the life-draining glass flora of the Fields, throwing them like knives. Targets take [most] damage each round of the duration. You regain [dice] health each round.
3. Listen to the Blood
R: N/A T: Self D: [dice] rounds
Your blood whispers to you. It can answer [dice] questions from this list, or others.
- Where is the person you like most?
- Who hates you the most?
- What is the most threatening thing in this area?
- How does this person feel?
4. One is Preserved
R: Touch T: one creature D: Instant
A creature gains [sum] HP. Any dice used in this spell are automatically exhausted.
5. Another is Sacrificed
R: Touch T: Self/1 wizard D: Instant
Recharge [dice] MD. You may recharge another wizard's MD if you wish. In exchange, you or a willing participant lose [dice] max HP, permanently.
6. Raise the Pillars
R: 100' T: N/A D: Instant
[dice] pillars of glass, [sum] feet high, rise up from the ground. They move slowly, carrying people up rather than impaling them.
7. Heat Glass
R: Sight T: [dice] pounds of glass D: Instant
Glass shies away in fear of your gaze, and melts. On contact with a person, molten glass does [dice]d8 fire damage.
8. Silent Message
R: Sight T: [dice] creatures D: Instant
Send a message to [dice] creatures you can see. If you spend 2 or more MD, they can respond.
R: 40' T: 20' radius D: [dice] minutes
No sound can be emitted in the radius. This prevents most spellcasting.
10. Stallion's Path
R: 30' T: 30' line D: instant
A line in front of you is parted, shoving everything off to the sides.
1 [dice]: shoves people
2 [dice]: shifts trees
3 [dice]: splits buildings
4 [dice]: parts small lakes
11. Into/Out of the Fields
R: 500' radius T: N/A D: [sum] minutes
You and everyone else in a 500' radius are thrown into or out of the Glass Fields. NPCs who do not expect this transition must immediately make a Morale check.
12. Blood to Glass
R: Touch T: one creature D: Instant
The target's blood turns to glass. They must make a CON save - if they pass, they take [sum]*2 damage. If they fail, they take [sum]*[dice] damage and one part of their body is turned to glass permanently.
1. MD only return to your pool on a 1-2 for 24 hours
2. Take 1d6 damage
3. Random mutation for 1d6 rounds, then make a save. Permanent if you fail.
4. Lose 1 MD for 24 hours.
5. You must sacrifice 1 HP per MD you regain for 1d4 days.
6. Your blood solidifies and slows down. On a successful CON save to avoid an effect, you must succeed on another CON save on your next turn or be affected.
- Your blood shifts, and begins to whisper. It wants whatever you want, but more.
- One of your limbs turns to glass. It is completely under the control of your blood.
- The rest of you turns to glass, and you become an NPC.